Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Thursday 22 November 2012

Did I Say No Drama??

I kinda feel like I'm starting to become the Bad News Bear but I need to vent some of my rage. Really hard. That Shit Storm Scale went up to a full 10 today. All RL. I am a librarian by trade and I'm sure some of my UK readers (are there any? If yes, *wave*) will know all about the austerity measures our government has brought in. And well, to cut a long story short, services are getting cut left, right and center. We in libraries have been under threat of closure for 18 months now. Today, I got an impromptu visit from one of our managers and taken to a private area for a 'chat'. In a nutshell, my job is gone in 2 weeks. 2 weeks!!! And before Christmas?? I have to say, my response was not polite and I got so angry that mid rant I burst into tears. In fact I would hazard a guess that I won't be working from tomorrow. My employers have behaved badly throughout to all front line members of staff. And I have been told I cannot tell anyone! Not even the person I work with. When exactly did I start to work for MI6?? Absolutely ridiculous! Really though, it's just been the last straw in an epic run of bad luck. My health had taken a bit of a fall over the last few weeks, which I'm kinda sad about. But I managed the condition once, I can do it again! And I have my pinkie finger strapped up. I think I did something bad to it at my other job today, so it's currently strapped to it's buddy. So glad it wasn't the middle one. I'd really not be able to get through the day without flipping someone the middle finger at least once.

And I think I got my lock kicked from his guild. After finally getting into one raid with them, with the assurance that he would be able to stay he left the raid mid boss after being faced with his teary, panda faced gnomie upon my return from work. Bless him for supplying me with hugs, chocolate and not being bothered that they'll probably not let him raid with them again.

So tonight I will mainly be trying to regain the weight I misplaced last week with mega, super huge chinese takeaway (my favourite and I can eat more of it than most grown men I know), chocolate and a few beers. From approximately 11pm server time I shall be merry and pew pewing in BG's. Watch out taurens. I don't want to win the games, I just want to kill. Just you and maybe orcs. I'll feel better then. Maybe hungover tomorrow but better.

No comments:

Post a Comment