Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Friday 9 November 2012

Arena Win!

Last night I went arena properly for the first time. And, by God, was it fun! I was utterly convinced that I would do a terrible job and really let the team down. But you know what? I didn't. At all. At least I don't think! And I didn't cry or faceplant my keyboard. Which is always a bonus when in vent!

The Shadow Priest/Frost Mage combination works extremely well. Between us we can put out enough CC and Instab00m that we didn't struggle too badly. We didn't win them all. We ran at about 50/50. But the wins were pretty fast and the losses were acceptable. On those, it was easy to see our mistakes and learn fast from them. Our kit was often not near as good as the other team but we still managed to beat them. The best match of the night was a loss but it was such a long and intense battle and soooo close that we had a lot of fun. The least fun match for me was Rogue/Rogue. I should have had those little b*****ds pinned down but I really struggled. Maybe not next time though...

Vent was a great help, though we did have a massive delay, so sometimes I didn't shout fast enough for heals, or I didn't get to my Priest fast enough to peel off melee but we still did okay. And it's always a relief when no one minds my cursing! The only things you will hear in vent when I play PvP are constant curses at no one in particular or spam clicks (yes, I am a clicker). No CD's exist in my world. Don't judge me.

I am still very much looking forward to 3v3. Joining an already established team of Shadow Priest/BM Hunter sounds like a great idea, full of win! And maybe one day, I'll manage to persuade my favourite Lock (still not as good as Mage!) to join us with another player for 5v5 too. But for now, it's time to get that rating up and get geared up for my arena fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment