Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Friday 28 December 2012

Happy New Gear!

Last night I spent the evening nude, save for a Winter Veil Sweater, singing Christmas Carols in Horde cities. I decided to take a little break from my mission to get my PvP off-hand by doing tons of BGs. The BGs were not going so well and my hopes of getting it by today dropped to zero. So, I decided to give myself a little break from it before I threw my keyboard at the screen out of frustration.

Usually I don't bother with the World Event achievements, unless there's a mount or something pretty, because I'm super lazy and there are too many Hordies that need to die. But these ones looked like a little bit of fun. I decided that the first I would do is 'A-Caroling We Will Go'. Yes, not the easiest one but having portals makes the journey a little shorter. And I like visiting Horde cities. Even if the guards don't like me. I went to Silvermoon first, thinking it would be the nicest (since I do love the belfs). I thought they might welcome me in...how wrong I was!

For a start, it's been a long time since I've been to Silvermoon. Years in fact, and I totally lost my way. Gnomish GPS wasn't working so I had to consult the wisdom of Google to get me there. When I finally made it (after an Isle of Quel'Danas fail. You can't get to it from there), I though I'd just fly in and Boom, sing a nice song. Wrong again. No flying there. Which meant I had to run in from Fairbreeze Village, avoid the guards and Hordies dueling (I was PvP flagged). By accident I ran into some lvl95 guards and they pummeled me into the floor in seconds. Rezzed and started again, only with red gear. Consulting the great and wise Google again, I read a guide that said to go in naked to prevent my gear taking a hit and costing me a small fortune to repair. And this totally sounded like a great idea anyway! Nude carol singing? I'm in! Using my Mage Invisibility I stealthed past the guards this time. But I forgot about the guards at the entrance. So I had to wait at the gates while it cooled down. Now, I'm not scared of Hordies but I must admit I was hoping no lvl90's decided to pick a fight! Instead a belf disguised as a Gnome (Winter Wondervault Machine) came and stood next to me. We had a little emote chat, that gave me the giggles at the confused belf. 'Yes, I'm a real gnome...you are not. But you are much cuter this way' etc. I just wish I'd remembered to use my Orb of the Sin'dorei to really confuse them. As if talking to a naked gnome wasn't confusing enough! By the time I was ready to stealth in I had a little crowd with me that followed me in to watch me sing to the guards while they killed me to death. It was a lot of fun!

The rest of the cities were easy. I could fly in all and get the song out in a safe spot just inside the walls. Though I did get licked by an Undead, which I'm still trying to wash off now.

I had so much fun in Silvermoon that I was thinking of trying to get some guildies together for a screenie there. Maybe a fun little event? Anyone still needing the achie would get it and maybe a prize for whoever gets the furthest in? Also, feel free to throw a handful of snowflakes at me. A) I love snow and B) Gnome Mage is on the list, yay! So, do it!


3 comments:

  1. "You have the eyes of one who has travelled much."
    Find pride and joy in the adventures you undertake!

    /Bow
    Lorewalker Cho

    ReplyDelete
  2. *throws snowball in gnomies face*

    ooh you didn't mean it like that.. oops hihi,
    but on your next run feel free to ask me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cough splutter* Thanks for that! You just wait, there's a snowball headed right your way!

    Yay! Another recruit for the big sing-a-long. If we ever get online again...

    ReplyDelete