Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Thursday 17 January 2013

Gnomie Guide to Brawling

I finally got into the Brawler's Guild thanks to one of my kind guildie friends! So far, I have gotten to Ixx. Not without much frustration though. It was suggested to me that I might not be the best person for this content. Presumably because I stand in bad stuff and don't take so well to tactics. So, being the stubborn little gnomie that I am I decided to go at it as hard as I could. After spending an entire conversation pretending something was in my eye and rubbing it with my middle finger, all the while making it look like I was paying attention.

The first 9 bosses I took down pretty easily. Except for Dippy the penguin, ironically. He caused my first death. But that was because I didn't want to kill him! Why would you force me to kill him, Blizzard? Why? You sick puppies! The first boss that gave me real trouble was Sanoriak (or, as I call him, the big fiery bastard). He caused me a ton of frustration and lots of swears. I think I might hold the record for the most time anyone could say 'shit' in a few seconds. I hate him. A lot. I'd say how many times he killed me but I'm trying to look good here, ok! Ixx has taken me down twice now, but I almost got him on the last time, so hopefully he won't have me wanting to tear the monitor from the desk and throw it out of the window. I have to kill other gnomies too, I hear. I think this is going to take me a lot longer than I expected...

The best advice I could give is to not panic. This has led to almost everyone of my deaths (except for when I just stood and got nuked in a second). I forget that I have Time Warp, Alter Time and virtually every other mage ability when this happens. I see my Elemental die or hear the bleep that I have low health and I panic really bad. Then die. Don't do that! Also, the Icy Veins Brawler's Guild Guide is fantastic for knowing what you're up against. It's saved countless deaths for me and hopefully many more. Get in groups with other players and remember to buff up. Or if you're me, totally forget and have to be reminded.

All in all, Brawler's is a lot of fun, frustrating though it is. I'm so glad I got my invite and hopefully soon will be able to pass my invite on. Before next expansion anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god.. did te almight archmage of penguins have tokill a penguin :O i hope you atleast penguind him too and did /pat.

    you know this happens if you penguin to often. *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck brawling! I have to gear up a bit before i can go on wiping.. I get stuck on the timers! Be nice to the gnomies you gotta fight.. All they wanna do is give very painfull hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jynx is catching up to you in bosses gnomie :) hihi,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give the brawling another try soon. I got really mad with it, so thought I better leave it for a while hehe. Thanks for the luck! ^^

    ReplyDelete