Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Friends Are For Life, Not Just In Game

I had an interesting conversation yesterday about whether the friends we make online are 'real' friends. In the past I've probably been a little dismissive of this. You know, the old 'how can they be friends, you've never even met them!' I may have thrown this out in conversation to the Lock in the old days before I played and even when I did play in the past, I never really made any friends. I was a shy Belf back in those days...

But how wrong could I have been. The past year has been a complete mind changer. The friends I've made in the guild I'm in have been as important to me as people who I work with, or know in RL. We've shared lots of fun, and some not so fun times. And I can honestly say that it's not the game that keeps me coming back, it's them. Sometimes I just log in to chat and end up staying in Halfhill the entire time (Blizzard need to put a statue of me there for when I'm not in game, so no one misses me). And I really feel like I can be myself there. My little bad, gnomie self. I think probably the last few weeks have really kicked that feeling in. Especially since I lost one of them. And I may not have dealt with it so well. That little ball of gnomie frustration built up and I may have been a little unfeeling or seemed unkind towards them. That was wrong of me. While we can't play any more I think it's important to say that I still consider them a friend and will miss them looooads. And am grateful for them having to carry a nublet gnomie around for so long. I wish them a shit ton of happy times in everything they do, both in and out of game.

And to those of you who read this, you've all brightened my life up lately. In your own little ways, you've been the best friends a gnomie could ever ask for. When I've been sad or angry, you've been there at one time or another to cheer me up with hugs, chats and trolling fun. But I'm really gonna have to think up some magic to repay it. So, to start off with, a big hug to:

The Dwarf/ My troll gnome Jedi brother
The Nelf who hammered my Lock's DPS (which was hilarious, because he's so competetive!)
The Warrior Party Tank (who is much tougher than she believes)
My Little Mage Sister
The Face Melting Priest
The Dwarf Hunter with the wicked DPS

There are many others too but these guys and girls are my closest friends. Honorable mention goes out to the Shaman Who Falls Off Cliffs. I cannot even begin to tell you how much that makes me chuckle when I see it in Gchat. And my Lock is back with us now, so he can take over going on raids. Because, lets face it, I'm better left punching cows in BG. His DPS blows mine out of the water and he doesn't stand in bad stuff constantly ;)

I love, love, love my Jedi kit too. But if my Jedi Brother thinks I'm finished there, well, get ready for it. Troll-lol-lol...



8 comments:

  1. And Troll-lol-lol.... it has been.
    still gasping for air when i think back of the moment! you have been groing in a full member of the trolling commity. I bow to thee!

    your Jedi Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my though...keeping that a secret for as long as I did, not so easy! But my god was it worth it hehe! But I am almost positive you will get me back ;). You are, after all the master troll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Family. Friends. Food. These are what matter most."

    Lorwalker Cho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true. Loremaster Cho is a wise old panda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am most sertainetly not "old"!
    I'm euh..."experianced" in life..
    /bow

    Lorewalker Cho

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just a polite way of saying old! Sorry, Loremaster Cho but...Trol-lol-lol-lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, Loremaster Cho...I didn't mean to be disrespectful.

    *hangs head*

    ReplyDelete
  8. "It is said: Wise man do not poke bear."

    Fear not my child I know you meant me no harm.

    /bow
    Lorewalker Cho

    ReplyDelete