Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Saturday 1 December 2012

I Frost Bombed a Cow and I Liked It...

After getting trolled in guild today by my arch nemesis, the dwarf, I spent a shift at work with 'I'm So Excited' stuck in my head and every time I apologised for a late delivery got 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word'... Well played, dwarf, well played. How many is that I owe you now? Gchat Karaoke is a good laugh and Vent Karaoke will be even better! But from now on, you won't get such easy victories. Every word you say, every game you play, every night you stay, I'll be watching you...

After my shift I indulged in some Spotify PvP. It's a real treat when every one is in bed and I can just blast the headphones at ear bleeding volume levels. It worked well at first. I was pew pewing  hard until I got totally absorbed in the head bobbing and drag queen miming to the music I allowed a rogue to take Dranei Ruins from me. I didn't even see the little bastard til it was too late. Thanks for 'Don't Stop Me Now', Queen. Turns out I can be stopped...

Also, while looking through my playlists I noticed one called 'Banging Dance Tunes'. Now, I know I'm 'down with the kids', obviously. Mainly because I'm roughly the same height as 9-13 year olds and have the mentality of a 5 year old on Red Bull. But would I ever call a playlist that? And would anyone who is actually 'down with the kids' ever claim that? I think you'll find the answer is No. So I take a look and find more Skrillex than should be legal. It was a cacophony of shite. My daughter has terrible, terrible taste in music. And that's coming from me. I wanted to jump on my iPhone to make it stop. And then all of a sudden I'm my mother. But seriously, Justin Beiber?? I'm considering adoption.

I'm testing songs by performance for my playlists. So far I've found the best performance comes from these: Little Mix, 'Wings', Train, '50 Ways To Say Goodbye', P!nk, 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss) and 'So What', Joy Division, 'Love Will Tear Us Apart', Of Monsters and Men ' Little Talks', Florence and the Machine, 'Dog Days Are Over', Simple Minds, 'Don't You (Forget About Me)', Maroon 5, 'Moves Like Jagger', Anything by Amy Winehouse or Kelly Clarkson and REM, 'At My Most Beautiful' (just because it really does make me smile). Honourable mention goes out to Aerosmith, Queen and Eurythmics (for making me rock out and pay no attention to the bg whatsoever). I'm quite proud to have started to compile possibly the oddest playlist ever. And it will only grow with suggestions. So keep them coming!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM

    how is this for gnomie mage with sneaky frostbombs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is excellent!

    *Pops Frostbomb in your pocket, pats it and ruuuunnnns* XD

    Sorry, you stood too close :P

    ReplyDelete