Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Timeless Isle: Pretty But Dull

Well, we got the new patch. And I love how Timeless Isle looks. But I'm avoiding it like the plague. It's just way too crowded to even consider doing anything there at the moment. Aside from the epic lag, tagging anything to kill is a nightmare. So, I've been busy doing other things. Like pet battles. So I could have all the pets I sent back from my old account. There was one giant fail though. After spending 3 days solid levelling a Hyjal Bear Cub that was on loan, I sent it back to it's owner before I put my own level 25's into my journal. So, I had to go find a Pandaria pet and level that to 25 instead. Which was a massive pain in the butt. I'm sure we all know the awesomeness of Hyjal Bear Cub (or Pooh Bear). Bandicoons just don't compare. Cue lots of pet deaths and crying over my tea. I got there in the end though and now I have my super cute pets back with me!

While I was in the mood for all things pets, I heard tales of a Timeless Isle pet. This evening I went back. Ice Lanced a Highland Albatross and flew around in it's mouth for a while.


The flight is long and uncomfortable. 4 minutes or so to get there, then kill the Albatross and Slow Fall into the lake. That worked well the first two times. However, shortly before I decided to write this entry, something ridiculous happened that had me screaming at the screen until I rage quitted the game for the evening. I was happily flying in the Albatross' mouth, reading some guides and plotting my farming/RF/PvP plans for the next week, when the lake was in sight. I started to kill the Albatross, when this happened:

Don't think so, Pedro. I'll kill you too. 
I almost killed the first, when another plucked me out of it's mouth and started to carry me away. So, I thought, ok, lets kill this one too. Then this happened:

Hey! Put me down! I call shenanigans!
See the Albatross behind mine? This one pulled me out of the clutches of the one I was in and tried to carry me away. This happened 4 times in total. By which time I was so enraged that I rage quit, mid air. Is this a common occurance? Or does this crap only happen to me? A bloody Albatross relay race, using me as the baton! Anyone giggling, shhh :P I will go back, but for the moment it isn't safe for my PC screen for me to go.

Oh, and Little Tommy, all sweet and 'come and battle me'. Screw you, and your Lil Oondasta too. You troll. Proper fell for that one didn't I. Remember, kids. Read some guides before accepting pet battles from a not so sweet little boy and his big ass dinosaur.

2 comments:

  1. Happend to me aswell :) i was going for the chest in your first picture, had to kill 6 albatrosses to get down to the floor :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you not find yourself getting steadily angrier? I was screaming at the screen by the last one! Nooooo! Not again! :D

    ReplyDelete