Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Monday 3 June 2013

Sightseeing in Orgrimmar

It's been a while since I went to Orgrimmar. I briefly popped there to sing carols at Christmas and to land a fish once but I haven't walked around there sinc my days as a Belf. And even then I hated it with a passion. Now though, I get the feeling they don't want a gnome in there. Might be all the guards that rush me when I do visit. I don't know...

I've been doing the Barrens quests (which I love, by the way) weekly for the 200 valor. Sometimes I have to take the dwarf with me. He comes in really handy for taking the damage and flying me around. Because I really am too lazy to fly. It's great. We have lots of fun while we kill orcs and collect various materials. Unless the dwarf is in full troll mode. Post mission, we did a little sightseeing. With what I thought was a fly over Orgrimmar. Until I was dropped on a roof. I sat there happily chatting away until I heard him do a count down. I am such a foolish lil gnome that I didn't realise that the countdown was for the flying guards headed my way. They landed, 3 of them, and I killed them dead. All the way dead. And /roar over their dead bodies. Then I hopped back on my dwarvish friend for what I thought was a flight out of there. Until I heard: "no, I shouldn't do it. That would be mean". So like an idiot I said go ahead and do it. It can't be that bad, right? It was. He dropped me in the Trade District, PvP flagged, where every horde (or so it felt like) in Orgrimmar descended upon me. I was fast getting my butt kicked when I shouted out for heals and help. It was then I learned about bubble hearth. He was sat in Shrine, giggling while I was getting the crap beat out of me! I died fast. Very fast. It took me 3 deaths to get out of Orgrimmar. Lots of swearing and cursing. I had to jump into Southfury river because instead of running back through the gates I panicked and ran further into Orgrimmar and managed to pull every guard there. And that was after running from Durotar every death. Then when I finally got away and back to Pandaland, he dropped me in the Horde Shrine while I was looking away from the PC. Sigh, I'll never learn. But I have to admit, although I was swearing a lot I had a lot of fun. I like a challenge. Even if I get my ass kicked all the way back to Gnomeregan!


But if the dwarf thinks he has escaped punishment, then he is wrong. So very wrong. It's coming. I just have to find something suitably evil, mwuhuhaha

No comments:

Post a Comment