Gnome Mage

Gnome Mage

Tuesday 30 October 2012

A Gilnean Fairytale

During my travels in Azeroth, I came across an area in the Eastern Kingdoms. It looked to be a once beautiful place but was now derelict. I was intrigued. I hopped off my broomstick so I could take a closer look around. The town was empty. All that could be heard was the wind howling through the empty buildings. This seemed not to be the best place to be around Halloween, even my Water Elemental friend was afraid to come with me. Still, my gnomie curiosity would not let me leave. I came across a church. Though the rest of the town was half destroyed, this building remained intact. I followed it's lavish red carpet to the front of the church. All of a sudden, the wind rushed through and window and blew open a book that was resting at the altar. It's golden pages shone brightly and I could not resist the urge to read. It was almost as if the book was calling to me.


The book told of a child born during the mass infection of humans in Gilneas by Worgens. It was then I realised I was in the Ruins of Gilneas. I had heard tales of this place. And none of them were good. Yet, this book spoke of hope. The child, born to a human princess, who had been living in Gilneas at the time of the curse spreading. Bitten by a worgen whilst pregnant, she bore a child days later. This child had none of the madness that other worgens possessed. The book told of this child's early years. Her great love of animals and her ability to calm even the wildest of worgens. It was clear that this child would grow to be the saviour of Gilneas. To create peace and harmony within a race that had previously only known violence and insanity. This made her important and a target for those who wished to keep worgens savage. So, a group of travelling priests took away the child to keep her safe until the time was right for her to return and rebuild Gilneas.

I felt it was my destiny to find this child. I began my search at Stormwind Cathedral. Surely the priests there would know of this story.


The priest I spoke to knew of this girl immediately. I assured him that I wished her no harm, only to help. He told me that she had once lived in the Cathedral, under the safe watch of the priests of Stormwind. She was to stay in her human form at all times, so as not to raise any suspicions and draw those to her who may wish to do her harm. She attended school every day. Until one day that changed it all. Sensing that this girl was different, the other children teased her. Almost relentlessly. Until she could take it no more. She burst into her worgen form and chased the worst of her tormentors out of the gates of Stormwind.

See the blond one at the front? Don't let his looks deceive you. He's a massive jerk.

It became clear that she could stay here no longer now that people were talking of a worgen in Stormwind. So, the priests sent her to a place they hoped she would be unseen. Knowing her affinity for animals (and the fact that the Night Elves were somehow to blame for worgens), they sent her to Darnassus, to be under the careful watch of the Cenarion Circle.

Again, because I'm too lazy to fly, I took a portal there straight away.


I spoke with Malfurion and Tyrande of what I had learned so far. Knowing that I was only here to find and help to protect her they told me of the things that had come to pass since she was brought to Darnassus. She was now a teenager, who's growing powers were only surpassed by her beauty. She spent her days training as a druid and her free time tending to sick animals. A modest girl, she does not realise the true healing power she possesses. Her strength of character was clear to all who had met her. There was no hiding the fact that this girl would be powerful when she comes of age.

They spoke with great joy at how she was progressing. It was easy to see that these Night Elves had grown to love her very much. But they also told me about the Great Battle that was raging for Gilneas. The Horde were attacking in waves to try and take Gilneas as their own and use the power of the worgens for their own gain. Malfurion asked that if I wanted to help, I fight here. Knowing the importance of a new Gilneas for the Eastern Kingdoms I agreed to fight until the very end.

And here I am


At the gates of Gilneas, waiting for the battle to commence. Every Orc I Ice Lance to the face will be for Princess Sami. Every Tauren that I turn into a teeny penguin will be for her. So that one day she can return to a safe Gilneas to restore it to it's former glory and live happily ever after with her exteeeemely handsome Prince (I cannot speak of the secret betrothal just yet). Legends will tell of these battles and of the restoration of Gilneas. The drums grew louder, the gates flew open and the battle shouts began 'For Princess Sami, For Gilneas!!!'





No comments:

Post a Comment